Dragon Ball Super Secrets Revealed In An Official interview with Dragon Ball Super director Ryota Nakamura and producer Satoru Takami has exhibited astonishing secrets. These visions include details on how the primary plans for the “Universal Survival Arc” and it’s Tournament of Power centerpiece differed from what we ultimately saw unfold in the anime. This interview was on the Official Site of Dragon Ball Super in Japanese, which was later translated by Herms98 in English.
Nakamura revealed, Ribrianne’s fat, transformed form was designed by Toriyama, while the idea of having a cute girl transform into this fat character was added by the anime staff. Neither Caulifla or Kale were in Toriyama’s original draft. During a conference meeting, the subject of Broly’s popularity came up, and so the anime staff created Kale. They made her a girl so that she wouldn’t be exactly the same as Broly. Once they showed Kale to Toriyama, he created Caulifla to go along with her.
- Toriyama’s original draft included a document describing what happens to the U7 warriors in the tournament, from beginning to end. This included who Piccolo (for instance) loses to, and who survives to the end. The document included all the main points such as the battle between U7 and Ull.
- Toriyama decided on all ten members of the U7 team, including the surprise of Buu being replaced with Freeza.
- As the flow of the story was decided upon, Toriyama came up with the idea of Ultra Instinct, including it’s name and design, as a power-up for Goku, that was completely different from Super Saiyan.
- Toriyama’s initial proposal outlined the idea of “80 people fighting in a jumble” and included several character design images, plus the design for the tournament arena.
- Toriyama first drew the designs for Jiren, Toppo, and Dyspo.
- Toriyama’s original draft lacked any indication of Jiren’s personality, so the anime staff planned on making him a talkative character. However, when they suggested this to Toriyama, he replied that “Jiren is a character who doesn’t speak!” It was at this point that Toriyama sent them the backstory that Jiren’s parents and martial arts master were killed.
- As a result, Toppo inherited the anime staff’s original plans for Jiren’s personality, which is why he talks a lot about justice all the time.
- Toppo being a candidate for God of Destruction was included in Toriyama’s draft.
- The staff wondered how to handle Dyspo’s character, and his cocky personality was only decided upon once Bin Shimada was cast in the role.
- The rest of the Pride Troopers were thought up by the anime staff.
- Freeza donating his energy to Goku wasn’t part of Toriyama’s original draft. Neither was eighteen and Ribrianne’s fight over their differing ideas of love.
- Takami personally thinks that Toriyama might be trying to set up further stories with the ending of the Universe Survival arc.
- Keep watching until the very end of the last episode. Apparently, there’ll be something special.
As these extraordinary Dragon Ball Super Secrets completely change the view we had on Dragon Ball Super. But, this does give us hope of seeing Dragon Ball Franchise/Series continuing even after Universal Arc. Hopefully, Dragon Ball Super isn’t the true end of the Dragon Ball franchise/series as a whole. Thanks to the additions of new characters and universes, there are far more diverse stories that are possible.