Weekly manga magazine, Shounen Jump!, has generated many unforgettable classics from Dragon Ball to One Piece, from Toriko to Nisekoi. Now, Japanese media website, DDNavi, has asked its readers to rank which Weekly Shounen Jump! manga is the one which they think is “The Most Powerful”.
So which Shounen Jump! manga do the fans think is “Most Powerful”? Here are the Top 20:
20) To Love-Ru by Saki Hasemi and Kentaro Yabuki
19) City Hunter by Tsukasa Hojo
18) Haikyu!! by Haruichi Furudate
17) Katekyo Hitman Reborn! by Akira Amano
16) Bleach by Tite Kubo
15) Death Note by Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata
14) Hikaru no Go by Takeshi Obata and Yumi Hotta
13) Rurouni Kenshin by Nobuhiro Watsuki
12) Kuroko’s Basketball by Tadatoshi Fujimaki
11) Hunter X Hunter by Yoshihiro Togashi
10) Saint Seiya by Masami Kurumada
9) Naruto by Masashi Kishimoto
8) Fist of the North Star by Buronson and Tetsuo Hara
7) Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo by Osamu Akimoto
6) Captain Tsubasa by Youichi Takahashi
5) JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure by Hirohiko Araki
4) Slam Dunk by Takehiko Inoue
3) Gintama by Hideaki Sorachi
2) One Piece by Eichiro Oda
1) Dragon Ball by Akira Toriyama
In a very unsurprising turn of events, fans have ranked Akira Toriyama’s Dragon Ball as Shounen Jump!’s most powerful manga in both the sense that the manga has featured some of the strongest characters in the magazine as well as its strong showing business-wise as it has spawned plenty of movies and countless merchandise. Dragon Ball is also Jump!’s most recognized manga, and its popularity has reached a worldwide audience. What a powerful series indeed.
Naruto, which only ended last week, only fared at #9. Looks like the hype of its ending was not transferred to these rankings. #2 meanwhile went to One Piece, another globally recognized title, while Gintama, took its epic sense of comic relief to #3.